Hello, friends! I’m actually not sure how many people actually read our posts, but I like to think it’s more than just my mom and in-laws! ;) It’s been quite awhile since I’ve written and there have been several reasons.
Nick and I instituted a “no desserts Monday-Thursday” rule, so that’s put a bit of a damper on my baking! But it’s actually a pretty great rule. Makes me much more excited for the weekends and makes me that much more picky in what sweets I want to eat! And let’s be serious, my pants fit better. (although, it the spirit of full disclosure, I did have a Red Velvet Oreo on Monday) I understand I could make savory things, but those just aren’t as fun! But I want to get back into the swing of things, but that might be a bit because…
WE ARE MOVING TO VIRGINIA.
Yeah. BIG life change. It became 100% official on Monday, but things are moving at hyper speed and we are just trying to get our bearings and figure out what’s coming next! Nick will be traveling back and forth for the next few weeks, and we have to get our house on the market, find a new one and organize all the crazy details of our lives.
We are both SO excited, but it’s also going to be very hard to leave Iowa. Our families are close, my best friend of 21 years is here and we’ve made a nice life here. However, we firmly believe that God has orchestrated this entire thing and we know that He’ll be with us every step of the way. I just need to remember to take a deep breath and let Him lead us through this.
I apologize that this post is a bit crazy and disjointed, but there is a lot swirling around in my head right now! I am so excited for this next phase of our lives and we can’t wait to share it with you!
Happy Friday and Happy New Year! Can you even believe that it’s 2015 already? Wow. 2014 just seemed to soar right on by me! We hope that you had a fun (and safe) New Year’s Eve and a very wonderful Christmas!
Here are my top 5 for this week:
1. We took Olive to Camp Bow Wow on Monday. They have doggy “daycare” as well as boarding and other services. That girl has A LOT of energy, so we thought it might be nice for her to go every once and awhile to play with other dogs all day. She did super great (you can even watch your pup through their app!) and had so much fun. The best part? She was WORN OUT for the next day, too! This was her “new camper” picture, haha!
2. While Olive was away all day playing with her new friends, Nick and I were able to enjoy a day just kind of doing whatever we liked! Nick has been off work since noon on the 23rd, and it’s been so fun having him home! We went down to Iowa City and snagged one of our favorites, Oasis, for lunch. So, so good! YUM.
3. Nick and I collect Starbucks city mugs. I don’t really know how it got started, but now we can’t stop! It’s so fun to try and find them in new cities when we travel. We were never really sure how to display them, but Nick finally came up with a great idea. He mounted all the shelves and put everything up and I couldn’t be happier! Let the collection continue!
4. I think Olive has enjoyed having both of us home this past week and a half, and she is so excited that the sun is finally making a comeback! She is just too cute. (the Boba Fett toy was a gift for Christmas – she loved it so much, she completely destroyed it within 3 days.)
5. We went to the Trumpet Blossom Cafe for New Year’s Eve. Not only was the food DELICIOUS (as usual), but my date was the best part. ;)
Happy Friday! Nick and I spent Sunday through Tuesday in Nashville, and Nick had Wednesday off, and so I can’t believe it’s Friday already! We had a great time exploring the city a bit and eating lots of yummy food. That’s always one of my favorite parts. ;)
Here are my top 5 for this week:
1. We ate at The Wild Cow on Sunday night and it was oh so delicious! I had the Buffalo Grinder (made with tofu) and it was SO yummy! And the ranch was awesome!
2. We went to this really cute and hipster coffee place, Headquarters, and I enjoyed the almond milk dirty chai. Mmmmm.
3. The whole reason for going to Nashville was to see Andrew Peterson‘s “Behold the Lamb of God” show at the Ryman. THE BEST. So, so good.
4. We found a great place to have lunch while passing through St. Louis. Lulu’s Local Eatery was a great spot, and it’s always so much fun to find a place where you can order ANYTHING off of the menu! (like the Wild Cow!) We shared Volcano Tots – tator tots topped with quinoa chili, and butternut squash “cheese” sauce (yum), and the Buffalo Cauliflower Wrap (double yum).
5. Nick and I finished our Christmas shopping yesterday! I love buying presents for people, so I hope everyone likes what we got for them! It’s also fun to be finished and really enjoy the next week. Less than one week until Christmas!!
What do you have planned this weekend? We have Olive’s last Intermediate training class, and so we’ll have another “graduation”! She’s doing great and really learning a lot. We’re thinking maybe after she passes the Advanced course, we’ll try agility training.