Hey, friends! It’s been a crazy, busy and exciting time around here! Last time we talked, I shared with you that we’re moving to Virginia for Nick’s new job. Wahoo! Well, a lot has happened in the last few weeks. Here are two the highlights:
*we put our home on the market on Monday, March 2nd. (well, our realtor did, but you know what I mean) We had a showing within 2 hours of the listing hitting the internet, an offer two hours after that, and accepted counter offer by 5pm. SAY WHAT?! I KNOW! Who has ever heard of someone selling their home THAT quickly?! It’s truly a testament to how incredibly awesome our (selling) agent is and the pictures the photographer took were amazing and showed our home in it’s best light. But most importantly, it just goes to show that God knows what He’s doing. AMEN.
*I traveled out with Nick last weekend to see the area and to look for a new home. We found a house Friday night that we loved and we put in an offer straightaway. The sellers countered and we were in the process of countering back when our (buying) agent called us with some really strange information. The buyers pulled all of their offers and said they wouldn’t consider anything less than asking price. Which was completely overpriced, I might add. So we were totally bummed out, but God obviously had something better for us. And you know what? OF COURSE HE DID. And we found that place that Sunday! We put in an offer, they countered, we accepted and we had ourselves a new home on Sunday night at 10:30. Yay!
Oh, and did I mention we close in Virginia on April 8th??
Yeah, so needless to say, things are moving right along! We’re so excited to start the next chapter of our lives! I’m dreading the day I have to say goodbye to those I love here in Iowa, but I know that it’s not forever, and I’m only a text, FaceTime or 13 hour drive away! ;)
I’m excited to start sharing more about our move and new adventures in Virginia. I hope I’ll be inspired once again and I can’t WAIT to start baking up a storm in my new kitchen! It’s so pretty.
Hello, friends! I’m actually not sure how many people actually read our posts, but I like to think it’s more than just my mom and in-laws! ;) It’s been quite awhile since I’ve written and there have been several reasons.
Nick and I instituted a “no desserts Monday-Thursday” rule, so that’s put a bit of a damper on my baking! But it’s actually a pretty great rule. Makes me much more excited for the weekends and makes me that much more picky in what sweets I want to eat! And let’s be serious, my pants fit better. (although, it the spirit of full disclosure, I did have a Red Velvet Oreo on Monday) I understand I could make savory things, but those just aren’t as fun! But I want to get back into the swing of things, but that might be a bit because…
WE ARE MOVING TO VIRGINIA.
Yeah. BIG life change. It became 100% official on Monday, but things are moving at hyper speed and we are just trying to get our bearings and figure out what’s coming next! Nick will be traveling back and forth for the next few weeks, and we have to get our house on the market, find a new one and organize all the crazy details of our lives.
We are both SO excited, but it’s also going to be very hard to leave Iowa. Our families are close, my best friend of 21 years is here and we’ve made a nice life here. However, we firmly believe that God has orchestrated this entire thing and we know that He’ll be with us every step of the way. I just need to remember to take a deep breath and let Him lead us through this.
I apologize that this post is a bit crazy and disjointed, but there is a lot swirling around in my head right now! I am so excited for this next phase of our lives and we can’t wait to share it with you!
Happy Friday and Happy New Year! Can you even believe that it’s 2015 already? Wow. 2014 just seemed to soar right on by me! We hope that you had a fun (and safe) New Year’s Eve and a very wonderful Christmas!
Here are my top 5 for this week:
1. We took Olive to Camp Bow Wow on Monday. They have doggy “daycare” as well as boarding and other services. That girl has A LOT of energy, so we thought it might be nice for her to go every once and awhile to play with other dogs all day. She did super great (you can even watch your pup through their app!) and had so much fun. The best part? She was WORN OUT for the next day, too! This was her “new camper” picture, haha!
2. While Olive was away all day playing with her new friends, Nick and I were able to enjoy a day just kind of doing whatever we liked! Nick has been off work since noon on the 23rd, and it’s been so fun having him home! We went down to Iowa City and snagged one of our favorites, Oasis, for lunch. So, so good! YUM.
3. Nick and I collect Starbucks city mugs. I don’t really know how it got started, but now we can’t stop! It’s so fun to try and find them in new cities when we travel. We were never really sure how to display them, but Nick finally came up with a great idea. He mounted all the shelves and put everything up and I couldn’t be happier! Let the collection continue!
4. I think Olive has enjoyed having both of us home this past week and a half, and she is so excited that the sun is finally making a comeback! She is just too cute. (the Boba Fett toy was a gift for Christmas – she loved it so much, she completely destroyed it within 3 days.)
5. We went to the Trumpet Blossom Cafe for New Year’s Eve. Not only was the food DELICIOUS (as usual), but my date was the best part. ;)