It’s Friday again! As always, I’m linking up with Lauren.
1. I’ve been becoming more and more of a morning person, much to my chagrin. (Although, Nick is REALLY excited about it!) It’s been so hot here lately that it only makes sense to get up early, do our run for the day and be done! I have to say, I’ve completed every days run and today I hit 24 minutes! It’s quite an accomplishment for me – running is SO not my thing.
2. I got to SLEEP IN yesterday morning! Such a luxury. I didn’t get up until 9:15. Made me feel a bit like a slacker as Nick got up at 5:15 to go to work. But only a little bit. It felt so good to sleep in again!
3. My brother-in-law and his girlfriend (soon to be fiance, I hope – she’s great!) came to stay with us last weekend. They were doing an across country road trip back to Washington and stopped to see us along the way. It was super fun to see them again and catch up. Our visits are very few and far between being so far apart.
4. Oooh! Nick made us a vegan baked french toast on Monday morning (while our guests were here) and it was delicious! Omg. It was so good. I’ve always liked baked french toast, but it’s not really something you make everyday. It was a delicious treat and definitely something we’ll have again!
5. I was still feeling patriotic yesterday and baked up a vegan apple crumble pie. It was delicious with homemade vegan coconut ice cream! Yum!
Have a great weekend!