It’s Friday already! This week has flown by for me. I can’t believe it’s already the weekend! Not complaining, of course, but it was a super fast week! And as usual, I’m linking up with Lauren today!
1. I spent last weekend in the Twin Cities with my BFF and we had a GREAT time! It’s our annual girls weekend, and it’s always super fun. We spent ALL DAY at the Mall of America on Saturday, and then we spent a good chunk of Sunday at IKEA. I came home with some great deals!
2. Nick found this great pizza place for BFF and I to try while in the Cities. Pizza Luce. I tried the veggie pizza with vegan cheese and it was delightful! I’m fairly certain they used Daiya cheese, which is great, and next time I want to try their house-made cheese. And their crust?! OMG. Delicious!
3. Nick and I discovered that Red Robin has a vegan Boca burger. Say what?! That rocked our socks off, so we went there for dinner last night. We split the “Keep it Simple” burger which just had lettuce, tomato, red onion and pickles. Perfect! That and bottomless fries? A great date night. Also, we found that you can add a gluten free bun to any burger for only $1 more. I have new respect for Red Robin. Yum, indeed.
4. Lil Sis spent most of the day with me yesterday and we baked a gluten free/vegan Red Velvet Cake with Chocolate Cream Cheese Buttercream. Hello! Delicious! This is what it looked like right before we sliced into it:
5. There is a local festival in town tonight, so Nick and I are going to incorporate stopping by to eat some cotton candy (only if it’s fresh and delicious, of course) and play bingo with our afternoon run. The weather is downright awesome right now, so I think I might actually be looking forward to running. Can’t believe I just said THAT!
Enjoy your weekend!