Ok, so its not so much of a guest blogger, but still. This is Jackie’s thing and she asked me if I’d like to do it today. I was happy for the opportunity. Why not take a moment to give out props for what’s been a rather great week. Personally if you all ask me, she asked me to guest blog because she’s chosen to sleep in this morning. And you know what, that’s something to be extremely thankful for. Its pretty awesome to have the day off after we’ve celebrated our country’s independence. With that, onto the week in review. 🙂
Here are my top 5 for this week:
1. I know Jackie already had a post about it this week, but seriously, the color run, fantastic. We had such a great time, I LOVED running in the rain, and I’ve still got pink frosted tips in my hair because of the run. COOL!
2. Sunday morning we had one of the most transcendent breakfasts that I’ve had since becoming a vegan. This was an awesome Tempeh hash with a tofu scramble courtesy of Monty’s Blue Plate Diner in Madison, WI.
3. Basil has been growing into his older age by becoming a bit more lazy and a lot more grumpy dog. Well it seems part of that has been he hasn’t been sleeping well. We let him sleep in his bed instead of his kennel and all the sudden he’s back to happy, sleepy and oh so cute dog.
4. Yesterday was the 4th of July. I love celebrating the fact that we’re free because of all the brave people that have gone before us. What better way to celebrate than with food. I made Jackie and I a feast. Complete with Veggie dogs, baked beans, coleslaw, grilled asparagus, and some crazy good Guacamole Potato salad.
5. We finished off the night of the fourth with a fire on our deck. It was perfect. For the record there is no fire starter or lighter fluid in this thing. I’m just good at being a pyro and making a fire. We let it die down later and finished off the night with smore’s while listening to the fireworks. Pretty awesome. Bonus tip for any of you that didn’t know this, but Warm Vanilla Sugar body spray by Bath and Body Works is GREAT at keeping gnats away.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend. It sure seems like its going to be nice around here.