Hiya! So glad you stopped by to take a look at our blog! We’re Nick and Jacks and here’s what you need to know:
1. We love Jesus!
2. We’ve been married 10 years, and it’s just the two of us. Having a family didn’t end up being in the cards for us, but we’re okay with that because we know that God’s plan is our better than ours ever could be! (Hence the title” Happy to be a Table of Two”)
3. We recently relocated to Virginia (right outside D.C.) from the Midwest, and are getting used to a whole new adventure!
4. We really like food. It came as a surprise to both of us when we decided to start eating a plant-based/vegan diet. But it’s been a good change. We’re feeling healthy and eating lots of yummy things we didn’t before. It’s caused us to be more creative with our food! We love traveling and finding new spots to try and things to taste.
5. I (Jacks) like to dabble with gluten free cooking and baking as well. Not only do we not need to eat as much wheat as we do, my Lil Sis is a celiac, so I love to be able to share recipes and treats with her!
6. We adopted the newest member of our family, Olive, in August 2014. She is a crazy fur kid with lots and LOTS of energy. But she never fails to make us laugh! She’s a great addition to our little family.
7. Feel free to follow us on twitter (@njburgart), Pinterest (jlburgart), or on Instagram – Jacks (jlburgart) and Nick (njburgart). We love posting food pics and other random fun things!
We hope you’ll stick around and enjoy the fun. We’re glad you’re here! You can email us at happytobeatableoftwo(at)gmail(dot)com.