I can’t believe it’s Friday. I mean, what?! This week FLEW by and I am feeling a little behind on everything, haha! While I might not have been ready for today, I sure am excited it’s the weekend!! We have some fun plans for Olive this weekend – TWO puppy play dates! We can’t wait.
Here are my top five things from this week:
1. Tuesday night was Olive’s second puppy class. She did SO great! We were so proud of her. She was exhausted after class that she couldn’t help but pass out in the car. SO cute.
2. I caught a BOGO at Starbucks with my sister on Wednesday afternoon and Olive was totally over coffee. She was more interested in taking a nap. I die.
3. My first official day at BSF was good. It was great to meet my group and get a better idea of how things work. It was so gorgeous outside yesterday afternoon that I needed to do my homework outside! I couldn’t resist. I love autumn!
4. Nick and I took a class last night at our co-op. Plant-Based Fall Feast. We enjoyed lots of yummy treats and some new recipes that we can’t wait to make our own.
5. And of course I have to be excited it’s Friday and I didn’t even realize it! Happy Friday to me!
Having a puppy is crazy, y’all! I forgot what it was like to have a small, adorable animal with that much energy in my house. I also forgot about all of the nights of interrupted sleep! *yawn* Thankfully, Olive is sleeping for a good 7+ hours a night, so it’s been great not to have to set an alarm to take her out. She’s settling in nicely and she is the reason I’ve been MIA. My lil miss is taking up all of my time. And I LOVE it!
Here are my top 5 for this week!
1. Nick and I discovered we had some gardein Beefless Sliders in the freezer, and so we made them for lunch last weekend. SO GOOD! Even better when topped with Sweet Earth seitan bacon.
2. We had our 2 nephews and niece on Saturday and Sunday, and Sunday afternoon we took everyone for a hike at the park. We got our first family picture!
3. I found our favorite seitan bacon from Sweet Earth AND Beyond Meat at my local Target. WOOT!
4. Olive is just so darn cute. And totally nosy.
5. Nick and I enjoyed a night out to dinner on Wednesday night at our favorite Mexican place. It was great to get out, talk, and enjoy some delicious chips and salsa! He’s my favorite.
Nick and I were puppy parents for 6 1/2 years and we were both heartbroken when we lost Basil in October. We knew that some day we’d get another dog, but we weren’t sure what kind or from where. We did know that we wanted to adopt this time around and we started checking our local animal rescues about a month ago. We went a few weeks ago to check on a little girl dachshund, but she’d already been adopted. While in MN last week, Nick showed me a picture of a sweet little girl and were sure she’d be snatched up in no time. Friday morning we started off the day with a couple massage (heaven on earth, friends) and decided to drive over to our local humane society “just to look”.
Instead, we adopted this sweet girl. We were so surprised she was still there! She was obviously waiting for us. ;)
She was a transfer from Louisiana (they found her in a crate in a closet – how sad is that?!) and she stole our hearts. Their best guess is that she’s about 12 weeks old. We’re not quite sure what she is, or how big she’ll get, but we think she’s some kind of hound/terrier mix. She had just had her surgery last Tuesday so we weren’t sure when she’d be able to come home. We came home for lunch and got the call in the afternoon that she was ready to come home! She was a super champ in the car and fell asleep on my lap. We stopped to get her a few supplies and then brought her to her new home to explore.
She is settling in VERY well! She is such a sweetie. She’s a snuggle bug and LOVES to play. We had to leave her the night we got her for a few hours and we were a little anxious because we didn’t know how she’d react. She did great! She only cried a little bit the first night, but quieted down pretty quickly. She’s house training like a CHAMP and even I’m a little surprised! Basil was VERY difficult to house train, and so I was excepting the same – only a bit worse as we didn’t know much about her background – but she is doing great. Only a few accidents in the house the first 2 days and nothing yesterday or today. We are so impressed with how quickly she’s catching on to our commands. She’s a smart girl.
We signed her up for puppy classes and start in 2 weeks. We’re headed to the vet on Wednesday for a wellness check and her stitches should come out in about a week. We haven’t been able to play too much, or take her for walks, but we’re anxious for next week after her stitches come out so we can start doing those things!
We can’t wait to share the many adventures of Olive with you!
I’m having a hard time keeping track of what day is because Nick has been off all week! Yay! It’s been really fun having him around and we were able to sneak away for a few days, so that was an added bonus. How was your week? I’d love to hear about it!
Here are my top five for the week:
1. Last Friday night we got a call from a friend asking us to go bowling, and of course we said YES! It was super fun, even if we all were a bit rusty. 7 adults and 5 kids made for a great night with friends. Lots of fun and LOTS of laughs.
2. Sunday afternoon we had free tickets from our bank to see our local minor league baseball team play. (they are an affiliate of the Minnesota Twins) It was SUPER hot, but it was fun to go to the ballpark and get some fun ballpark food. And you know we snapped a selfie. ;)
3. Nick and I went up to the Twin Cities for 3 days this week and ate loads of yummy stuff I want to tell you about next week. But I’ll leave you with a shot of our favorite treat of the trip. Behold, the Sheba Bar:
4. We had tickets to a Twins game and we had such a great time! (even though they lost)
5. We have a couples massage this morning. BOOM. So excited.
Have an awesome weekend! Do you have anything fun planned?